Monday, March 18, 2013

All Time Favorite Beading Blogs

As many of you may already know, Google Reader is being put out to pasture. Although I don’t technically make much use of the reader itself, I do have a long, long list of blogs that I’ve followed over the years, and I took a little time this weekend to comb through them and decide which ones I wanted to rescue. About once a year, I check out the 2 or 3 hundred feeds I’ve collected and remove any dead blogs or those that aren’t of interest anymore. During every cull, there are always a handful of blogs that stand out - the ones that are always up to date, on topic, and full of inspiration. These are some my favorites:



Beads for Brains: 365 is a great example of creative determination.
The best way to learn new beadwork stitches and styles is to try them!
This blog explores the amazing variety of projects and tutorials available through
books, magazines, and more.





Beverly Ash Gilbert never fails to provide simple, straightforward,
and often breathtaking inspirations for beading and photography.





If you like to learn about beads, where they come from, who makes them, and how then you need to check out
the Happy Mango Beads Blog. Regular posts about bead origins of every kind are mixed in with
project ideas and gorgeous bead market pics.





Laura Bracken makes some gorgeous jewelry, but she also has a knack for teaching.
Every time she learns something new, she passes that information on through her blog.
If you’re always craving tips and tricks for marketing your work,
Laura Bracken Designs is a blog to follow.





Smart, sassy, hilarious, and full of ideas, Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter loves to make stuff,
and she wants you to want to make stuff, too!





Art Bead Scene is always filled with gorgeous, delightful, and to die for beads -
all handmade by talented designers.





Bead Origami is updated regularly with innovative beadwork and beaded beads, in amazing color palettes.





Jewelry, crafts, photography, marketing, business…it’s all there with daily posts on Randomcreative.
Rose has a great community and pool of resources that she shares to keep you entertained and inspired.


Google Reader is still available until July 1st of this year, but now is as good a time as any to find a replacement for you favorite blog list. Blog Lovin’ is an excellent option if you like creative blogs. You can upload your entire Google Reader list, sort your blogs into groups, and set up email updates for those blogs you want to check in on instantly. What service are you moving to?

Copyright 2013 Inspirational Beading and Friends
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


8 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so honored to be mentioned in your blog post! Thanks. I'm so happy some of my information is helpful to others. Now I'm off to check out your other recommendations!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so honored to be mentioned in your blog post! Thanks. I'm so happy some of my information is helpful to others. Now I'm off to check out your other recommendations!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mortira ,
    Its lovely reading this post and as you rightly said . there are lots and lots of beading blogs that I too read for inspiration. And I was so thrilled to see that my list had all the ones mentioned in this post! . Though I have started blogging myself , my knowledge is only self taught . And most of my beadwork from all the eyecandy I see on the web .
    But I am worried too , as , I have just about learnt to communicate on the web , and again due to changes with google reader will have to make a restart at learning once more ! And mind you I say so because I have had to recreate my favorites list every time my system has crashed Wish things were simpler and easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! I'm honored to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the information on Blog Lovin and the new blogs to check out :) I was looking at switching over to Feedly but I will try this one too and see which I like better.
    http://blog.feedly.com/2013/03/14/google-reader/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started using Bloglovin' on my cell phone a while ago. I love it. Have also heard good things about Feedly. I'm going to check that one out too. Seems silly of Google to discontinue its reader since so many people use it. But it isn't nearly as good as Bloglovin' so buh-bye!!
    I loved this post and was delighted to see the blogs you've listed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mortira for the shout out! I've loved your blog just as much! And I will finsih, only about 35 days to go I think! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for mentioning my Bead Origami blog! I use Feedly on my iPad so I was thinking of switching to it on my computer once Google Reader is shut down, but I'll have to check out Blog Lovin' too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com