Saturday, August 24, 2013

August Bead Stash Favorites

Summer is just about at an end, and it’s time to look ahead to fall projects and even holiday designs. With only a few months left in the year, it’s also a good time to check up on goals and to-do lists. This think-ahead mindset is apparent in my favorite beads this month.

First up are these gorgeous red Rulla seed beads from Fusion Beads. I’ve been looking forward to trying new things, and perhaps coming up with some new project tutorials for Inspirational Beading, and these two-hole beads are the perfect thing to get ideas rolling. I love the rounded shape, which seems much more ‘beady’ than Tilas. I wasn't sure what I wanted to make when I decided to try them out, so I went with a color that I could easily work into my designs. I think they're calling out for some cobalt white hearts!

Czech Glass Rulla Seed Beads


These simple wooden macramé beads don’t exactly make me swoon with magpie delight, but I’m still really excited about them. I’ve got all kinds of new designs planned for fall that include bead covered beads, and perhaps even some hand painted goodies. I've already got a few pieces underway, including the trio of beaded beads that were glimpsed on a recent bead tray update. The technique is such a fun quick-fix that I've grown quite attached to it.

Wooden Macrame Beads


Finally, we have some amazing, stunning, delicious Czech daggers from Aunties Beads. I love the intense blue color, and they feel amazing on the strand. I hope these will come in handy either during this year’s Egyptian Gods challenge, or in the 2014 challenge, which is just around the corner. I still have to cut into some of my other drops and daggers, yes, but you can never have too many options for accent beads.

Czech Glass Dagger Beads


What beads are you focused on this month?

Copyright 2013 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


1 comment:

  1. Hi,Mortira:
    Very interesting beads-especially those double hole red ones.I hope,You have lots of fine ideas,how to use them all.
    This month I've been working mainly with the variety of natural pearls.Probably.I am going to open the'Pearl series',because looking at my all beads collection I've realised,I've gathered the big amount of them and I feel-it's time to use them in new jewelry pieces.
    warm Greetings-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com