Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Work in Progress: Beadwork Potpourri

My tentative steps back into my normal beading routine have begun, and I have actually had some time to sit down with beads over the past couple of days. I decided it was time to just pick a project and go with it, then took some time to decide what I really, really wanted to do. For a while, I plan to just make things that I want to, and avoid anything that feels obligatory (though that doesn’t rule out a tutorial or two!).

Two Necklaces and a Bracelet in Progress


I finally decided to do something with stripes, and to just go ahead and use some of my favorite colors without worrying about quantities. This new project is all about fun. So far I’ve got the beginnings of a nice herringbone rope. I haven’t yet decided if I’m going to add additional colors or just stick with the olive green.

To help keep things interesting, I’m also chipping away at unfinished projects, rather than dedicating all of my time to a single piece. Changing things up a bit may take away from the progression of each project, but I still feel a sense of accomplishment with each new stitch. Although I can’t say that I’m dead excited to sit down, it does feel familiar to be beading again, and there is comfort to be had in that.

Bob Ross Inspired Paintings


Part of my newfound motivation is thanks to finally getting another creative project out of my system. My bead helper and I did some paintings this week that turned out pretty great. We’re planning to do more as soon as we get the chance, and to experiment with techniques and themes. The joy of making something is definitely helping to bring back my need to bead.

What are you working on right now?

Mortira

Subscribe * Facebook * Google+
Send your beading questions to InspirationalBeading@gmail.com
Support Inspirational Beading for bonus tutorials and more! Powered by Patreon

Copyright 2016 Inspirational Beading


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by obligatory, that's why I don't/can't do commissions, lol. Very nice artwork from you and your helper :)

    I actually used your tutorial on spiral rope yesterday! Been wanting to do one but never had the confidence before. Your instructions are always easy to follow, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mortira, you're really talented at painting! I could never imagine to accomplish something like the two paintings you posted above. Congratulations! I also think it is a good idea to just do the beading you want to. Isn't that how we all started?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com